Monday, June 04, 2007

Delicious Weekender




My weekend has been busy busy busy.

My ministry (Amplify) had our prep camp for the coming YISS (14-17 June) and I was heading the F&B team. Tiring but fulfilling nonetheless. Slept for a total of 4 hours throughout the weekend!

But I'm wellrested now. Slept damn early last night. And speaking of weekends, I have something cool to share with you.

My recent online discovery is an online bakeshop that sells homemade cakes. Known as the Delicious Weekender, this homely cake business is the brainchild of a daughter who's eager to let everyone have a taste of her mum's baked goodness.

They sell anything from fruit cake to brownies, sugee cake and marble cake.

I had a chance to try out their fruit cake and I kinda like it.





Flavourful and packed with fruits, it wasn't too sweet. But I think it could have more liquer. Hehe..

There's also their gingerbread cake. It looked really good with its deep dark brown.






Love the subtle taste of molasses and slight hint of ginger. The texture was just nice - not too heavy. Good to have with tea.




Their marble cake was delicious and light.

The thing about their cakes is that they're not really sweet, which is cool. It allows the natural flavours to come through.

Marble cakes though easy to make, is hard to get right and though I like the taste, I think the texture could be better. It was more on the dry side. Marble cakes should be moist at most.

But if it's any consolation, I loved the mix of vanilla and chocolate in the marble cake :)


Thanks Jaya for the cakes and good luck with your cake business venture! :)






Order their cakes at Delicious Weekender.
Or email deliciousweekender@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Sammy said...

Hi Cheryl! thanks for linking up my site :)

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter