Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Prawn Mee

Adam Road Prawn Mee

You know how some popular food stalls have outlets elsewhere? And then you wonder if that stall serves food that's of the same standard as the original?

I know I have and I'm usually quite sceptical. I mean, how do they perform quality control when they have so many outlets over the island? Heh, I know Singapore is small but still, it'll be such a hassle! Anyway this post is about one such stall with many branches over the island. Known as the Noo Cheng Adam Road Prawn Mee, this popular haunt is one of the favourite places of prawn mee lovers. Funny thing is, I've never really tried the original Adam Road one. But I've eaten at their other outlets and most recently, I ate at their Bishan one.

I was rather hungry so I had the $5 portion inclusive of pork ribs. Was I satisfied? You bet. I was more than satisfied, I was a happy trooper and I knew that this was one of the best noodle dish i've eaten. Check out their prawn-rich broth:

Prawn Soup

The soup is anything but bland. I do believe they must have cooked the prawns in it for a long time. Absolutely scrumptious. The yellow egg noodles are very tasty too, thanks to their sauce which includes some spicy chilli oil i think. Sinful but oh so worth it.

I am not sure of the exact address, but it's behind Junction 8 at Bishan. If you exit from Long John's Silver or MOS burger / 7-11, it's just about a minute away, beside the construction of the new Bishan Community Library.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my fma and I always go to the one at upper changi~ near parkway there.. its good and very crowded, hehe. I like the fried shallots!

Anonymous said...

Is there still one at Adam Road? I've tried it at Adam Road, but not sure if that's the one you were talking about, but have to agree the prawn noodles was so so good.

Oh dear, now you have me craving for a bowl.

Anonymous said...

I tried their pork ribs and prawn mee soup some times ago. I wasn't bought over. I don't think it's nice. I prefer the prawn mee stall @ Telok Ayer St.

Vera said...

i have just put prawn mee as one of the things i want to eat when i am back!!! :D
craving for local food now!

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter