Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter Ya'll!

Hot Cross Buns

Happy Easter!!!!

I'm so so happy.... not only because I can finally consume chocolates... But also, because the Lord has risen!

Just came home a few hours ago from attending Easter Vigil Mass. My friend got baptised, so me and most of the ministry peeps were there. It was a long long service. From 7:30 - 11:15pm! Serious! I was so tired at first... keep dozing off.

Anyhow, I'm just so happy. Easter is a time of celebration and it marks the end of Lent. It was the day God rose from the dead. And I finally baked hot cross buns! Hot cross buns are traditionally eaten during Lent or on Good Friday itself. The cross symbolises Christ. I love eating these buns but never got down to baking them myself. Until now.

But I think something went wrong with the yeast. Either the yeast was too old, or I didn't use enough yeast, or the method of activating the yeast was wrong. Because my buns didn't come out fluffy and it didn't really increase in size after I left it to rise. However, I still like the taste. I like spices so the cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves really did it for me. Plus the raisins. I left out the icing though. I don't like my hot cross buns so sweet.

By the way, I've began eating chocolates again. Sort of gorged myself on chocolates. Well not really gorged but I ate quite a bit of chocolates. I really missed the taste! Ah but I'm feeling rather sick now. I think I will go for a run later. Ate a bit too much chocolates. tsk tsk... oh well but hey, I actually succeeded in my chocolate abstinence. I'm so proud of myself! Yay! Let's see if I can do it again next year. :)

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Happa Easter to you and feast well!!!

It's good to know that you can again eat chocolate ;-)))...

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Sorry, I mean "Happy" Easter :-)...

Anonymous said...

Hey babes,

Congrats on succeeding in abstaining from chocs! Am so proud of you! :P Take care!

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter