Thursday, January 12, 2006

Banana Cake

Banana Cake

Bananas aren't just for monkeys. They're great for people on the go, for anyone who needs energy. Runners love eating bananas before runs, including me of course. I seriously cannot find any fault with this fruit. It's so versatile. We can eat it with ice cream; thus the banana split, we fry it; goreng pisang as the Malays call it, we caramelise it and have it with crepes; yummy, love the one at Marche, we blend it with milk; viola, banana milk shake! Of course there's also banana cake, bread, muffins etc. Most of the time, banana breads and muffins have walnuts in them. Perhaps they go well together and I won't protest.

So anyway, I made myself a banana cake some time back. I can't remember where I got the recipe from but I know that it's really simple and I love that it uses spices. Just mix and pop it in the oven. This cake isn't too overpowering but you might want to add more bananas for a stronger banana taste. Ah, it's quite hard to go wrong when you're using bananas. Lovely stuff i say!

___________________________________________

Banana Cake

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream (* I used 1/2 cup buttermilk instead)
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves

Mix first 5 ingredients together and set aside.

Now combine the remaining dry ingredients and stir into wet mixture.

Pop into the oven and bake at 180 degree celcius for about half hour to 45 minutes. Use a wooden skewer and if it comes out clean, it's ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where to get sour cream and buttermilk? What's the difference?

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter