Monday, July 11, 2005

My special grilled herbed dory fish

My grilled herbed dory fish

What's your favourite fish? I don't really have a preference, but I do like how dory fish is so easy to marinate and cook. It really takes on whatever sauce or herbs you flavour it with. I like the creamy texture too...

I love eating grilled fish, there's something about the slightly crispy 'outside' and moist inside. I usually make a quick lunch by marinating my dory with Lea Perrin's Sauce, chilli powder, oregano (or any herb mix), pepper and sometimes, garlic powder. It's seriously too easy. It's also very yummy. If you're a cheese person, try sprinkling some parmesan too, or just take your slice of cheddar cheese and cover the fish, then pop it into the oven!

Fishes are really a godsend and man, do i love eating fishes more so now, than before. I totally dig sashimi - think tuna, salmon, swordfish... haha yum. okay well I felt bad eating fishes after Finding Nemo, as with most people, but hey, that's only a cartoon remember?

Anyway have a great fish week ahead you all!

8 comments:

boo_licious said...

I love yr dory pix. Looks so yummy. I also love to grill or bake my dory fish - the best thing abt it is no bones!

Pink Elle said...

It looks so so good!! I've gotta try it someday!

the baker said...

boo: ya, dont' you just find it such a hassle to have to remove bones when you're eating fish? it spoils the whole experience. haha worse yet, i'm scared of swallowing bones - that happened to me a couple of times before - scary!

sue: please dO! it's very easy because dory fish takes up flavours pretty well! ... try garam masala or tumeric for a more indie spicy fishie..

Anonymous said...

hi there!!! was wondering...i must try cooking that dory fish. where do i get Lea Perrin's Sauce?

the baker said...

i believe you can get it at any supermarket. it's a glass bottle with an orange label. The full name is: Lea Perrins Worcester Sauce. Let me know how your fish turns out ya? =)

Anonymous said...

Wah! Looks good! i want to eat! :)

Anonymous said...

don't you find dory fillet are a bit fishy in taste and smell?Mine does.I got it in supermarket in the frozen food department.

Anonymous said...

hello! i'm planning to cook the dory fish tonight. can you kindly share your tips on how to clean it properly? do you leave it with its skin on or without? many thanks!

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter