Saturday, July 23, 2005

It's a green veggie day

Green Veggies

Betcha eyes are getting sore with all that green! That's some good fibre there: spinach, celery and broccoli.

Cooked green veggies

Cooked it this week and ate it for most of my meals while staying at my aunt's place. She went for a holiday so I babysat her home for a week. It was rather relaxing. I love her home... it's spacious and peaceful.

Okay, back to the vegetables. Decided to try out Domestic Goddess Jennifer's spinach and broccoli in yoghurt recipe and it worked really well.

Veggies in yoghurt

it might not look much, but it tasted great. But I made a few changes to it. I didn't have tumeric at my aunt's place, so i used a mish mash of spices like dill, rosemary, all spice powder and thyme. Also added celery and chickpeas, as you can see.

It's a relatively healthy veggie dish. Very good if you feel constipated I say! hahaa.. and hey it gives you lots of calcium too... Strong bones for all of us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the lovely hues of the greens you've got there, Cheryl. Sore sight? Never! And lucky you to have the whole place to yourself, housesitter. :)

Anonymous said...

This is great detox food after the heavy meal on Thursday :)

the baker said...

julia: haha you bet! it's really cool to have an entire home to just lounge and relax... haha

st: ya.. all that fibre.. very good to clear out your bowels! =p

boo_licious said...

Cheryl - no wild party at the house? I love the greens, they look so fresh and yeah, totally good for the body!

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter