Saturday, June 11, 2005

Ichiban Boshi

California Handrolls

Boy, you got to admit, those california hand rolls ($1.90 each) look rather good! One thing I can't fanthom though, is why are they called california? shouldn't it be japanese hand rolls? makes no sense. anyway I had these at Ichiban Boshi at Wisma Atria a few days ago, together with lots of other yummy jap eats. It was a get-together dinner with me and my two dearest cousins who are like sisters to me. We had a blast ordering so much and eating to our heart's delight and the best part was the price. It was really reasonable. Read on to see and imagine how delicious the food was. And maybe you might just be tempted to rush down right away!

Soft Shell Crab Tempura

Soft shell crab tempura ($5.30). I know it looks rather weird here. However, they do taste great. It came with a bowl of soya-like sauce, which of course, complemented the tempuras. Yes, kinda unhealthy, what with the oil and all. But hey, it's not like I eat this everyday ya?

Edamame

My favourite: Edamame ($1.90). In case you didn't know, those are soya beans. The beans are still in the pods and they're green. I love all things soya, so it was only natural that i ordered these.

Salmon Sashimi

Of course, who can forget sashimi? This salmon sashimi ($5.30) we ordered had a rich orange reddish hue, as you can see. Slices were thick and fresh. A pleasure to eat. I love the tenderness of it as I bite into the soft raw flesh. Yes I do have a thing for raw fish. But I actually only picked it up recently. Now I actually prefer raw salmon to cooked ones. And hey, they're pretty healthy.. plenty of Omega 3 fatty acids. But of course, one can't eat too much of it.

Sushi Assortment

Didn't want to make you guys do so much scrolling, so i put the pictures together. And there you have it, an assortment of sushi and such. Clockwise from top left: spicy ebi, salmon kawa roll, vegetable roll and samon sushi. All these were at $1.90 each.

Sushi Assortment 2

Here's more of what we ate... I don't remember the all the names but the one at the top left is actually potato croquette. It's like breaded fried mash potatoes. There were corn kernels in it. Superb. And of course the rest of the sushi rocked too. Also at $1.90 each. Ain't that cheap?

Ichiban Boshi

And this was how the place looked like. Not bad eh? The ambience was casual chic. You wouldn't have thought the prices were reasonable if you'd only looked at the place. It's really value-for-money. The sushi is really good and if you sit away from the conveyor belt, you can simply order a la carte and they'll make it fresh for you. Marvellous. I'm definitely going back.

____________________________________________________

Ichiban Boshi
Wisma Atria
#03-15
435 Orchard Road
Tel: 6734 7277

4 out of 5 burps

_____________________________________________________

3 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome pictures. Arresting.

Anonymous said...

Do try out the outlet at Novena Sq. I think they serve the freshest sashimis amongst the various outlets. One of my fave places to have quality and cheap sashimis! I have also tried their tea-break specials which are really value-for-money. Enjoy!

the baker said...

hey lori,

glad you like the pictures! =)

yo mich,

ya actually sushi quite easy to make. just have to get the rice right and buy some good seaweed. i love unagi! maybe i'll make some for my bday party! ... oh fiesta's cheesecake. ya used to eat that often. i like how jap cheesecake is light and fluffy without being to cloying. oh yes, if you think jap food is healthy, try vietnamese food... even healthier!

Hey Rene,

Really? cool... i'll be sure to check that outlet out. esp. since i love sashimi! thanks =)

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter